Brewers Brown Rice Flakes - 50 LB
Briess Malting BREWERS BROWN RICE FLAKES - 50 lb Bag
Brewers Brown Rice Flakes have been produced specifically for brewing, developing characteristics necessary for easy and efficient use in a brewhouse. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains.
- Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- There is no need to mill Rice Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding them to the mash.
- Pregelatinized Rice Flakes are made from 100% Brown rice and produce a light, clean and crisp characteristic to the finished beer.
- Use a slightly lower conversion temperature and extend the conversion time 15 minutes to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Use up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist
|Dosage & Usage||Up to 40%|
|Price aggregation group||Malts|
|Shipping Weight Unit||LBS|